Nigella At My Table ep.1

In Nigella: At My Table ep.1, Nigella Lawson is back with a series packed with simple recipes full of complex flavour. Food we can all bring to our own tables, vibrant and varied yet always relaxed.
https://dailymotion.com/video/x672h2e
In the first episode, Nigella shares new discoveries like her Turkish-inspired eggs, as well as old-fashioned favourites including the aptly named queen of puddings. For a relaxed get together around the table, Nigella rustles up a gloriously simple chicken and pea tray bake. For times of urgent need, there are her emergency brownies, and she finds a new use for a spiralizer.

Nigella At My Table ep.1 recipes:


 

 Turkish eggs


If I hadn’t eaten the Turkish eggs at Peter Gordon’s restaurant, I most certainly wouldn’t be tempted by the idea of poached eggs on Greek yoghurt. I say that only to pre-empt any hesitancy on your part. For çilbir, pronounced “chulburr”, is a revelation and a complete sensation.

 Emergency brownies


This is for those times you urgently need a brownie, but don’t want to make (or, rather, can’t justify making) a whole batch. This recipe makes two (four if needs be) fudgy brownies to be snaffled straight from the tin. It is worth keeping takeaway-style foil tins in the house just to make these. Take my word for it, it will be a frequent occurrence.

Queen of puddings


I wasn’t brought up on nursery food, so this sort of old-fashioned English pudding holds a certain exotic charm for me. Traditionally, a Queen of Puddings is made with breadcrumbs, but this is the Marie Antoinette version, using brioche instead.

Popular posts from this blog

The Repair Shop 2024 episode 5

The Repair Shop 2023 episode 14

Antiques Roadshow 2023 - Swanage Pier and Seafront, Dorset 2